Top Tips to Stay on Track
Here we go, closing out one year and heading into another! You know what that means, right?!?! LOTS of New Years resolutions popping up all over the place! And MOST resolutions have something to do with health and fitness…maybe that’s because so many of us give up on those resolutions by the time February hits!
I’m not much of a ‘resolution’ gal…I go for GOALS!!! When I make a goal, I pretty much do whatever it takes to reach to it. So in light of that, I thought I’d share some of my personal tips on how I stay on track to reach my goals in regards to health and fitness 🙂
1. INTERMITTENT FASTING-even during this CRAZY holiday season when there’s snacks and sugar galore, I stick to my eating window of about 8-10 hours. My goal is always 8 hours but I don’t beat myself up if I have a 10 hour window from time to time 😉
2. WATER WATER WATER-and for some reason this is HARD for me in the winter! I usually chug so much water I get made fun of, but when that colder weather hits, I struggle fitting it all in. So my goal is at least half of my body weight in ounces every single day..
3. 30 MINUTE METABOLIC CONDITIONING WORKOUTS-forget the hours upon hours at the gym! I do around 30 minutes of high intensity movement workouts to keep me on track. Granted, this year has been tough since I couldn’t workout until after Christmas BUT to stay on track with the New Year and start 2018 right, I have been hitting it HARD but still in under an hour
4. GIMME ALL THE VEGGIES-any chance I get, I’ve been loading up on veggies. I try to eat varieties of broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower and spinach the most…I steam them, roast them, broil them and even eat some of it raw!
5. DON’T HAVE AN ALL OR NOTHING APPROACH-you gotta have GRACE! A lot of times we are great about giving that to others but we are really terrible about giving ourselves grace and allowing ourselves to mess up. So doing everything in a bit of balance helps to alleviate that. Eat the dang chocolate, have the dessert, toast with the champagne…and freaking ENJOY it!!!
6. GET BACK ON THE WAGON-don’t wait until the next day or the next week to start..do it the VERY next meal or opportunity you have!!! If you eat or drink something that’s not in line with your plan, don’t feel like the whole day is ruined, just get back on that dang wagon…drink extra water, eat more veggies and move on.
My FREE Fat Loss Challenge is kicking off soon…you’ll get more of my personal tips and gain your own knowledge on how to find YOUR healthy solution. JOIN US and get your 2018 kicked off the best way possible!!!